The article below is a guest post written by Henna Sammy. Check out her bio below. I so appreciate her contributing this informative article to my website. Thank you Henna!
Busting Down Migraine With Acupressure
In today’s fast-paced lifestyle, the most affected is both our physical or mental health. A lifestyle like this often busts down the brain’s capacity to endure and survive, thus hurting the whole body with it. This hurting that the brain suffers from makes it weak and results in severe headaches like a migraine. It makes even daily chores and activities like thinking, working, resting, and even living extremely difficult. Acupressure, if done on the right acupressure points with the right amount of force, can release stress and busts the headache. The person who does this should know about reflexology and how to perform it practically. Acupressure Points for Migraine Headaches are:
1 Union Valley:
This is said to be the best headache buster if done correctly. It can bust the headaches within a couple of minutes and can provide significant relief. The acupressure point of the union valley is located between the thumb and index finger. The process of doing acupressure on this point is:
- The process should be started by pinching this area with the thumb and index finger of the other free hand for 10 seconds. Precaution- too much pressure should not be applied while pinching.
- Then, small circles should be made from the thumb on the area in one direction and later in the opposite direction. Not for more than 10 seconds each.
- For best results, it should be practiced using both hands.
- The tension in the head and neck is said to be released by this type of pressure point treatment. Headaches get relief from this as the tension is released, which is the main reason for causing headaches.
2• The Third Eye Point:
As the name suggests, this point is situated in between the eyes. The modern researchers, on the other hand, have given it a new name, which is a combination of letters and numbers, that is GV 24.5. It is found on the point where the eyebrows seem to connect the nose and forehead. This pressure point gives excellent relief from the headache and sinus head congestion. It can be done by the following method:
The point should be firmly pressed for about a minute or two. One can even massage the point in a circular motion, whatever suits the patient best.
3• Drilling Bamboo:
This is considered as the best when it comes to eye strain and sinus. It gives a feeling of getting a load off from the forehead. The points are located where the nose to forehead bridge intersects with the ridges of eyebrows. It’s performing methods are as below:
- The index finger and thumb of any one of the two hands can be used to apply firm pressure on these points together to get the best relaxing results.
- Press it for not more than 10-15 seconds.
- Take the pressure off and repeat the procedure for every 2-3 minutes.
4 Wind Mansion:
This is a must-do acupressure activity for those suffering from migraines, stiff necks, and mental stress. The name of this point is wind mansion as this part of the body is the fastest to detect wind stream around the body. The new name given is GV 16. Its location is between the center of the back of the head halfway between the ears and the spine. It can be detected as the hollow space under the base of the skull. Method of performing this is as follows:
- A deep and firm press should be applied to this point for not less than a minute and not more than one and a half minutes.
5 Feng Chi/ Gates of Consciousness:
Feng chi, also known as the gates of consciousness is a must to do for those suffering from migraines. This brings great relief to the headaches that are caused due to the tension. These points can be found in the hollow of both sides of the neck below the skull’s base. The current scientific name given to these points is GB 20. After forming a cap on the head with the hands, the thumbs can be put on the hollow of the neck, which is the actual pressure point. Method to perform this is as follows:
- The thumbs should be used to place a deep and firm pressure for 4-5 minutes
- Then deep breaths should be taken while performing this.
- This method of releasing and applying pressure can be done for up to a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Acupressure for migraine can be beneficial.
Henna is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences
related to natural remedies, Ayurvedic, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently
writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help
them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.